Speaker | Facilitator
As an experienced and energetic Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) professional speaker and facilitator, Lisa specializes in counteracting unconscious bias and LGBTQ+ inclusion in business. Her impact is amplified through strengthening each person’s allyship. With a demonstrated history of working in secondary education and a passion toward community and social services, she is an expert in counseling, crisis intervention, educational leadership, and program development.
After receiving her Diversity & Inclusion certificate from Cornell University, Lisa launched Inclusion Ally, LLC, her speaking and facilitation firm. Being an expert in LGBTQ+ issues has allowed her to present in 20 states and keynote numerous school counseling conferences.
Lisa’s speaking style can best be described as dynamic, energetic and interactive. After 12 years of being a middle school counselor, she is now an adjunct instructor at Lakeland University training the next generation of school counselors.
Counteracting Unconscious Bias Series
- Recognize unconscious bias and how it affects the way that people perceive, evaluate, and react to others
- Identify interventions that will help override errors in judgment and decision making
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace Series
- Reduce prejudice
- Manage behavior
Engagement in the Workplace Series
- Make critical distinctions between engagement and satisfaction or commitment
- Identify ways to take effective actions to improve engagement
LGBTQ+ Inclusion in Business and in Life Series
- Discover ways to show your support for the LGBTQ community
- Develop a plan to shape your work culture to be more welcoming and inclusive
Step Up: Equity Matters creates innovative, experiential, and engaging workshops to produce inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplaces. Focused on how individual and institutional bias are formed and, in turn, affect the workplace, Step Up provides a framework for positive change.
Step Up has grown to offer more in-depth consulting and project management, company assessments, private workshops, and more. We work with companies large and small to prioritize equity, inclusion, and diversity as a leading business strategy.